Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can you believe...

...Scott is 18?!!? His birthday was the 13th, I'm just slow at posting this month. While I was in labor the nurses kept telling me that if I'd wait a couple of hours he'd be a Valentine baby. (easy for them to say!!)However, I knew that boys wouldn't want heart themed birthdays every year, so I spared him the pain of pink hearts and me the pain of waiting. Of course I didn't know he was a boy yet....but it all worked out-right?
He hates having his picture made, so I spared him that pain as well and used one from China. I still want to know what that shocked look was all about! His big plans for his birthday this year included a tattoo, but that hasn't happened yet and I'm waiting with bated breath to see what transpires.
Scott you are a son any parent would be proud of. You have a servant's heart, willing to help in almost any situation, you're giving and caring. You've carried the names of your grandfathers with an integrity that would make them proud! I love you and am praying for God's richest blessings in your life as you step into new experiences this year. I am excited to see what God has in store for you! I love you. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Becky Dietz said...

I agree---your Papa's would be proud. They were proud! And I think you're pretty neat myself. I did remember....just a little late. Happy 18th, Scott!!!

amy wright said...

Happy Birthday, Scott Lindon!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it special that the first thing these boys want to do the minute they turn 18 is to get a tatoo! My boys talk about it, my friend's boy did it! Is it just because of how I was raised that I think they're 'yucky'? I read some on the 'reverb' blog by the pastor that has the tatoos....he is definately reaching a group of people that not just anyone could reach!

I won't throw them out of the house if they get one, but I sure will be glad if they don't!