Thursday, March 18, 2010

Beguiled


Deeanne Gist's romance writing combined with J. Mark Bertrand's suspense writing blend together into a mildly interesting tale.
Rylee is a sweet, overly naive orphan trying to support her grandmother. She finds herself a suspect in a ring of burglaries. The Robin Hood like thief steals and turns the items over to charities telling them to sell the items and use the money. Rylee's clients are the victims, missing items that hold sentimental value. In steps Logan Woods, a resourceful, energetic reporter who fears dogs. Together, the two begin to investigate.
I did find the main character of Rylee being a rollerblading dog walker a bit bizarre, yet her walks through Charleston did give me a good picture of what the city is like. Honestly, I did have the mystery figured out fairly quickly and the book felt a bit predictable to me. All in all, it did keep me entertained and distracted as I waited during my husband's surgery. An easy read.

*Thank you to Bethany House for supplying this book free of charge as part of their book review program.

2 comments:

Becky Dietz said...

You've been a reading fool lately, haven't you? LOL!

Sandra said...

yea, well, I've been sitting in lots of Dr.'s and hospital waiting rooms lately...