Friday, August 6, 2010

Squash!

I'm not sure why I saved this recipe. My family doesn't like squash, so I'll never get to try it! But I had a squash casserole once at church that I loved, and I've been looking for a good one ever since. If you try this one, let me know if it's good enough for me to make just for me!
Squash Casserole
1 large onion, chopped
4 Tbsp. butter
3 cups cooked squash, drained and water squeezed out
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers (plus additional)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. House Seasoning (see below)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350*. Sautee' onion in butter for 5 min. Mix all ingredients and top with additional crushed crackers. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Variation: layer slices of cooked red potatoes in bottom of casserole pan followed by squash mixture; repeat layers and top with 1 cup Ritz crumbs tossed with melted butter.
House Seasoning
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm liking your recipe posts! And I haven't told you yet how cute your blog is!

Sandra said...

Thanks, Lindsey!